Principal's Page - Judy Egan
I hope you are surviving and managing to cope despite the many hats you are wearing!
October is Mental Health Month in the ACT.
Mrs Hardwicke shared this image from
The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse
By: Charlie Mackesy
For our prayer, it speaks for itself.
Please read the information attached regarding a safe return to school and let us know if you have any questions/concerns
Thank you for your support, feedback and patience as we head towards an end to lockdown and a smooth transition back to normality,
A Safe Return to School
On Monday 25th October Term 4 - Week 4, we will be excited to welcome back Kinder, Yr1, Yr2 and Yr 6 students. (Year 3, Year 4, and Year 5 students continue remote learning)
All students return Monday 1 November, Term 4 - Week 5
- We are planning an exciting day back for everyone but understand that for some students and families it may be an anxious time. We ask that you contact us ASAP if your child will not be returning
- Safety is our top priority including hygiene, ventilation, sanitiser, social distancing and use of the check in App
- Any staff/students with symptoms are advised not to attend school and to seek testing. Students must be collected from school if they become unwell.
- If there is a case of COVID-19, we will notify the community via COMPASS and follow all ACT Government health directives.
- Masks are mandatory for adults and students 12 years. Masks are a parent/student choice, they need to be well fitted and changed if they become wet or after 4 hours. Images and information are included in the newsletter. It would help us if parents supplied surgical or fabric masks.
- If you need to collect your child from school for an appointment, please advise via phone/email and ensure you are wearing a mask.
- We encourage everyone to use the drive through drop off system for mornings children only can enter the front doors from 8:20am.
- Afternoon pick up will be different as no adults are permitted to enter the building and we have been advised to minimise risk by distributing pick up areas.
- It would help us to identify families if you could place a visible sign on your windscreen clearly marked with your family name (this could be a creative task for the children)
- The pickup system will be practised with students and will begin on Monday 25th October when our K-2 and Year 6 students return to school. Essential worker parents collecting students attending school will also follow this system.
- Year 5,6 students will be collected at the roundabout on Tyrrell Circuit
- Year 3,4 students will be collected at the Church
- K-2 students and siblings will be collected from normal drop off point at the front of the school
- In wet weather Year 5/6 students will gather in the hall and enter cars at normal drop off
- To clarify for siblings- all siblings will be picked up from the area of the youngest student. e.g., Troy is in Year 5, Josh is in Year 3 and Amelia is in Year 1, all will go to normal morning drop off point at the front of the school (Amelia is the youngest so go to her pick up point)
- We ask that you do not exit the car as this causes a delay and a bank up of cars on Tyrrell Circuit
- Drivers will need to keep safe and be patient and aware of cars merging from the Church pick up
- For this to work we need everyone on the same page, please help us by informing family members who do pick up
- We have included a map and colours to explain, if we need to adjust or revise we will let you know
- Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns around drop off and pick up.
Afternoon Pick up at St Michael’s: See Map below
Red line- Year 5 and Year 6 students wait at the roundabout
Green line- Kinder, Yr1 and Yr2 students and siblings who will wait at morning drop off drive through
Blue line - Year 3 and Year 4 students who will wait at the church, enter via church driveway
Thank you to all our families for supporting us by continuing to pay school fees and putting in place payment plans. We have posted fees this week. To try to alleviate costs we have deducted the excursion levy for Term 4. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns with fees.
School Enrolment for 2022
Please let us know if your family circumstances have changed and your child will not be returning for the 2022 school year. Families are required to give written notification so we can update our records. Please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Correct fitting for face Masks